When organizations find themselves unable to compete against another competitor with a superior product they tend to do two things: avoid their product’s deficiencies and trivialize their competitor’s advantages. We’ve heard this very phenomena coming from our competitors about Atlas’s tool suite.
Just to list a few:
1. Competitor: "The what kind of rules? Yeah, automated schematic data capture is risky, I heard its not very accurate. So its pretty much impossible to automate the derivation of the S1000D wiring module from a static schematic diagram."
What our competitors don't understand is Wirestrace Studio does exactly that: Automate the derivation of the S1000D wiring modules and produce wire traces from data captures of static schematic diagrams and we have proven its possible, accurate and reliable on aircraft like the C-130!
2. Competitor: “Who needs editing capabilities in a wire tracing tool, that’s what CGM editors are for."
Wow! That they would force their customer to have to move to an editing tool and then navigate to the diagram that’s open in their tracing tool, where they then have to make changes that could impact existing database entries and require unique identifiers, all of which the user has to synchronize somehow. And what’s worse is what if the user has to undo the changes?
What a better solution it is to have the editing capabilities right in the tool suite that the users is using to build the diagram traces that can automate all the necessary database entries, and if needed roll back changes to any previous state.
3. Competitor: “What? Progress status and diagram locking, who needs it? Your staff or a good project lead could keep track of all the diagrams’ progress with just a spreadsheet. And don’t worry about your staff accidentally stepping on each other’s toes because that will rarely if ever happen. I mean if you really want that there are third party tools you can use as well.”
In large projects not to be able to track individual diagram or project progress status and produce on the fly reports is unconscionable! How can you manage what you can’t measure? In projects composed of hundreds or thousands of diagrams staff accidentally ending up working on the same diagram WILL HAPPEN if there is no diagram management in place. To direct your customer to a third party tool where they would have to build interfaces and adapt the tools to work with each other is ridiculous!
4. Competitor: “Why would you treat wire harnesses or bundles any differently than other wire lines on the diagram? If you want the point to point trace lines through the harness just place hidden lines under the wire harness line.”
This is laughable! Placing hidden lines to treat wire harnesses or bundles just creates needless work and becomes very difficult to manage, especially when there could be hundreds of wires in a wire bundle or harness! Wiretrace Studio treats harnesses or bundles without the need for any manual handling or the use of messy hidden lines.
5. Competitor: “There's a difference between a continuity trace and a current load trace? That's news to me."
Yeah, our competition has said that...
I’ll stop here but the list does go on. What our competitors don’t get about Atlas Dynamics is that we’re thinking about how to make our customers more efficient and productive so they work smarter with our tools.